A. Collection of Personal Data
As you access or enter this Website or in the course of your dealings with us, we may request that you provide personal data and information about yourself (“Personal Data”) to enable us to enter into commercial transactions or discussions with you or to deliver the necessary notices, information, services and/or products in connection with our businesses. By interacting with or submitting information to us, you agree and consent to us collecting, using, disclosing and sharing your Personal Data with our authorised service providers and relevant third parties for the purposes that you have submitted your Personal Data.
These are relevant in connection with our business processes, execution, including delivery of notices, services and/or products, client relationship management, planning purposes in connection with future products and events.
B. Personal Data
Such Personal Data may be subject to applicable data protection, privacy and other similar laws and may include but not limited to information concerning your name, identity card number, passport number, address, contact information, e-mail address, residential or postal addresses, occupation, income range, nationality and such other relevant information that personally identifies you.
C. Collection of Personal Data
The Personal Data will be collected, processed and used by us for the following purposes:
- the delivery of notices, services or products whether present or future which you applied for;
- the maintenance of contact with clients, upkeep of clients’ records and other contacts;
- specific purposes in a particular services or products offered by us or our partners including advising and facilitating asset transactions;
- recruitment purposes;
- responding to your queries and requests;
- the general management, maintenance and upkeep of internal record keeping, managing the administrative and business operations of AREA and complying with internal policies and procedures;
- prevention and investigation of crime (including but not limited to fraud and money-laundering);
- meeting or complying with any applicable legal or regulatory requirements relating to our provision of services and products and to make disclosure under the requirements of any applicable law, regulation, rules, direction, court order, by-law, guideline, circular, code applicable to us or any member or related companies;
- enable us to send you information by e-mail, regular postal mail, telecommunication means or internet social media about products, services, property launches, talks, seminars by Area Group;
- any subsequent commercial transactions in relation to any projects, products and/or services; or
- purposes which are reasonably related to the aforesaid.
If you wish to cancel your registration, please send an email to email@example.com
D. Source of Personal Data
The Personal Data that are or will be collected, processed and used by us are sourced from wholly legitimate and transparent means such as:
- any emails or correspondences that we have received from you requesting for information or making any inquiries;
- any forms that you have submitted on our Website or any websites contracted by us;
- when you access this Website or use some of our products or services; or
- when you submit your Personal Data via any other channels to us for various other reasons.
You agree that all Personal Data submitted to us is complete, accurate and true as failure on your part may result in our failure to respond to your requests.
E. Rights of Access and Correction
Upon request, we will provide you with a copy of the information that we hold about you in accordance with the requirements of the PDPA. You have the right to request access to and if required, correction of your Personal Data in accordance with the requirements of PDPA.
The department to whom written requests for access to Personal Data or correction and/or deletion of Personal Data or for information regarding policies and procedures and types of Personal Data handled by us is:
Name: Data Protection Officer
Address: Area Advisors Pte. Ltd, 80 Robinson Road #02-00 Singapore 068898
F. Disclosure of Personal Data
The information we gather is not sold, given to, or otherwise shared with other third party companies or organisations for commercial or any other purposes except when required by law or when we have your consent or deemed consent to do so or to our authorized third party service providers. The Personal Data provided to us will be kept confidential and such third parties whom we engage as part of our business activities will be bound by contracts to keep such information confidential.
Where we consider necessary or appropriate for purposes of data storage or processing or providing any services or products, your Personal Data may be transferred and shared within the country or internationally with our affiliates, related companies or third party service or product providers in order to meet the purposes for which you have submitted the information. We will ensure that any transfers of Personal Data to a territory outside of Singapore will be in accordance with the PDPA. By accessing and providing Personal Data, you are giving your consent to trans-border transmission of such Personal Data.
You may at any time withdraw, in full or in part, your disclosure consent given previously, in each case subject to any applicable legal restrictions, contractual conditions and a reasonable time period in person at our corporate offices.
G. Consequences of Refusal / Failure to Provide Personal Data
The Personal Data provided to us are wholly voluntary in nature. However, the failure to provide the relevant Personal Data may result in (i) our inability to provide you with the notices, information, services and/or products requested, in which under event we shall not be held liable for any of the consequences arising therefrom; or (ii) our inability to comply with any applicable law, regulation, direction, court order, by laws, guidelines and/or codes applicable to us.
H. Security of Personal Data
Your Personal Data will be kept and processed in a secured manner. The appropriate administrative and security safeguards, policies and procedures will be implemented, as far as practicable, in accordance to PDPA. We will, as far as practicable, aim to prevent any unauthorized and/or unlawful processing of, and the accidental loss, destruction or damage to your Personal Data.
AREA is committed to taking appropriate technical, physical and organisational measures to protect your Personal Data against unauthorised access, unlawful processing, accidental loss or damage, and unauthorised destruction of your Personal Data.
I. Laws and Jurisdiction
By accessing and using this Website or obtaining facilities, products or other services through it, you agree that this Policy shall be governed in accordance with Singapore laws and further agrees to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Singapore courts.
J. HOW TO CONTACT US
We welcome your views about our Website and our Policy. If you would like to contact us with any queries or comments please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or send a letter to Data Protection Officer (Attention to Jeyabalan Parasingam) at 80 Robinson Road #02-00 Singapore 068898.